Dipartimento di Ingegneria Industriale e dell'Informazione
Tel: +39 0382 985226
Fax: +39 0382 985677
Hervé Caracciolo was born in Vigevano (PV), Italy, in 1983. He received the Bachelor Degree (Summa cum Laude) in Electronic and Telecommunications Engineering from the University of Pavia, Italy, in 2005. In 2007 he received the Master Degree (Summa cum Laude) in Electronic Engineering from the same University with a thesis on Sigma Delta Modulator design.
Since 2007 he is working at the Integrated Microsystem Laboratory (IMS) of University of Pavia, Italy, as a Ph.D. student. His research activity is focused on data converters design.
Integrated circuits, A/D and D/A data converters become very important for many applications. The use of the Sigma-Delta technique is more and more common because it allows using digital technologies and relaxes the requirements of the analog blocks used.
The technique is now very important for communication needs. Many applications require medium-high resolution (10-14 bit) with wide signal bandwidth (2-10 MHz) and, very relevant, it is necessary ensuring very low power consumption.
Best paper award at 2007 IEEJ International Analog VLSI Workshop - "Quasi-Second Order Sigma Delta Modulator Based on Phase Integrator".
- H. Caracciolo, E. Bonizzoni, P. Malcovati, F. Maloberti: "Design of a 70-MHz IF 10-MHz Bandwidth Bandpass ΣΔ Modulator for WCDMA Applications"; IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, ISCAS 2010, Paris, May 30-June 2 2010, pp. 2406-2409. (pdf)
- H. Caracciolo, E. Bonizzoni, F. Maloberti, G.S. La Rue: "Digitally Assisted Multi-Bit ΣΔ Modulator"; IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, ISCAS 2010, Paris, May 30-June 2 2010, pp. 3993-3996. (pdf)
- H. Caracciolo, S. Talay, F. Maloberti: "Optimum Selection of Capacitive Array for Multibit Sigma-Delta Modulators without DEM"; Proc. of the 16th IEEE Int. Conf. on Electronics, Circuits and Systems, ICECS 2009, Hammamet, 13-16 December 2009, pp. 759-762. (pdf)
- H. Caracciolo, I. Galdi, E. Bonizzoni, F. Maloberti: "Band-Pass ΣΔ Architectures with Single and Two Parallel Paths"; IEEE Int. Symposium on Circuits and Systems, ISCAS 2008, Seattle, 18-21 May 2008, pp. 1656-1659. (pdf)
- H. Caracciolo, E. Bonizzoni, F. Maloberti: "Quasi-Second Order ΣΔ Modulator Based on Phase-Integration"; IEEJ International Analog VLSI Workshop, Bunratty, Clare, 7-9 November 2007, pp. 19-22. (pdf)
2ndYear Research Activity. (pdf)
3rdYear Research Activity. (pdf)