Laboratory of Quantum Electronics
and Nonlinear Optics
The research activity concerns
the following areas:
· Nonlinear Optical Materials: non-centrosymmetric crystals, semiconductors.
· Nonlinear Waveguided Optics: cascaded frequency conversion in lithium niobate waveguides, Raman amplification in Si-Ge waveguides.
· Advanced Devices for Optical Communications: fiber Raman lasers, all-optical routing and switching devices, compensation of dispersion and nonlinearity in optical communications.
· Ultrashort Pulses: generation of tunable pulses through parametric interactions, amplitude-and-phase characterization, spatio-temporal mapping.
· Optical pulse propagation in nonlinear media: solitonic phenomena and frequency conversion in microstructured fibers, generation of conical waves in bulk interactions
· Material processing by femtosecond pulses
· Biophotonics: fiber-optical-tweezers