Click on to enlarge
European Computing and Philosophy Conference (ECAP)The Computational Philosophy Laboratory and the Department of Philosophy of the University of Pavia will be hosting the European Computing and Philosophy Conference (ECAP) from the 3rd to the 5th of June.
PROGRAM CHAIR - Lorenzo Magnani
PROGRAM COMMITTEE - Atocha Aliseda,Diderik Batens, Robert Cavalier, Simon Colton, Department of Computing, Roberto Cordeschi, Chris Dobbyn, Roy Dyckhoff, Luciano Floridi, Theo Kuypers, Lorenzo Magnani, Nancy J. Nersessian, Claudio Pizzi, Mario Stefanelli, Susan Stuart, Guglielmo Tamburrini, Riccardo Viale.
The conference will deal with all aspects of the "computational turn" that is occurring within the discipline of Philosophy.
We solicit papers that examine topics pertaining to computing and philosophy from the following list.
RELEVANT RESEARCH AREAS
We call for papers that cover topics pertaining to computing and philosophy from the following list:
* Cognitive Science, Epistemology, and Metaphysics
* Abductive Reasoning, Scientific Discovery, Creative processes
* Internal and External Representations in Cognitive Science
* Simulation, Embodiment, and Distributed Reasoning in Computational Models of Cognitive
* Problem of Consciousness in Philosophy
* New Models of Logic Software
* Computer-based Learning and Teaching Strategies and Resources
* Ethics and Computers
* The Impact of Distance Learning on the Teaching of Philosophy
* The Role of Computers as Tools for Philosophical Research
Download PDF version
IACAP (The International Association for Computing and Philosophy)
IACAP Mailing List
Collegio Ghislieri (Conference Site)
Laura Pana, Remarks, impressions and considerations on E-CAP' 04 Proceedings [download it]
Stanislava Mildeová, An Overview of E-CAP2004 Conference [download it]
Emanuele Bardone, Computing and Philosophy '04, Rivista dell'Associazione Italiana per l'Intelligenza Artificiale (Vol. 1, n. 3, September 2004) [download it]
Page 1 | Page 2
Go to the Conference Website