Federico Forneris - Research Investigator
Phone:+39 0382 985228
- Born Aug 07th, 1978 in Piedmont, Italy
- Languages known: Italian, English, French
- 2017-now: Associate Professor (Tenured), University of Pavia, Italy
- 2014-2016: Assistant Professor (Tenure-track), University of Pavia, Italy
- 2009-2013: Postdoctoral research assistant, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
- 2007-2009: Postdoctoral research assistant, University of Pavia, Italy
- 2003-2006: PhD degree in Basic and Applied Biomolecular Sciences, Institute for Superior Studies (IUSS) and University of Pavia, Italy
Title of Thesis: Investigating the Structural and Biochemical Properties of human Lysine-Specific Demethylase LSD1.
- 1997-2002: Master degree in physical chemistry, cum laude with special mention and recommendation for publication, University of Turin, Italy
Title of Thesis: Crystallographic studies of Artificial Metalloproteins with four-helical bundle motifs.
- 1992-1997: High school diploma in Accountancy, Istituto Tecnico Commerciale E. Tesauro, Fossano, Italy
My principal research interest is the elucidation of the intricate mechanisms of protein-protein interaction and signaling. The various
processes that fall under the description of "molecular recognition" (ranging from transient inter-molecular interactions, conformational changes,
proteolysis-mediated activation and inhibition, to many others) represent for me one of the most fascinating aspects of nature elegance and complexity.
I merge structural biology with biochemistry and biophysics to characterize large macromolecular complexes and elucidate their structure-function
relationship to put the molecular insights in the proper biological context.